Wednesday, August 29, 2007

National Juried Exhibition, BAC, Berkeley. August 26, 07


The Berkeley Art Center's postcard of the exhibition 2007.



A clipping of the San Francisco Chronicle's 96 Hours. Thursday, September 20, 2007.



Here we are (from left to right): Nga, Bao and Anh-Vu in front of the BAC in Berkeley.



Inside the gallery with other artists and guests.



My small origami (15x15.5 inches) in the corner among other works.



I called this piece, Origami.myseason.com which I did four years ago using a recycled poster board, papers from myseason.com catalog, some found rocks and twines.



Please click on image for a close-up.





I am with Barbara Bent, a friend from the library. She is also a local artist, who does pottery.







Food and drink were served in the courtyard of the BAC. It was a beautiful, warm and sunny day for such a nice gathering for artists and art-lovers.





































It was an occasion to be inspired, and I felt so honored to be included among a national group of good artists.

This coming October, from the 2nd to the 28th, some co-workers from the library and I are organizing a Staff Artists Show at the Berkeley Public Library in downtown Berkeley. It's an art and craft exhibition that shows what some of us, who work at the library are doing on our own time. If you're in town or already here, and are interested, please stop by the Central library on Kittredge and Shattuck Avenue to check out our artwork. I'll show some of my recycled origami work and origami earrings.

Hope to see you there, and we would love to get your feedback about the show.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nga said...

Berkeley Art Center-- National Juried Exhibition 2007
From: Jill Berk Jiminez

Sent: Tue 9/11/07 4:37 PM
To: BAC mail (info@berkeleyartcenter.org)

Dear All,

I'd also like you to know that we've been getting fabulous feedback from
our visitors who really love the show and are impressed and inspired by your
work. I'm not just being nice-- this is truly the best feedback I've heard
for any exhibition we've done in the almost year that I've been here.

Congratulations!

Regards,

Jill

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

March 18, 08

Dear Nga,

I came across your blog about our last National Juried Show-- I really love it. The photographs and your commentary are really good.

I send out a newsletter now, and I was wondering if I could have your
permission to link people to your blog. I'd like others to hear about your positive experience.

Regards,


Jill Berk Jiminez
Executive Director
Berkeley Art Center
(510) 644-6893

1275 Walnut Street
Berkeley, CA 94709

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thu 4/03/08

WOW!!!! And that was a GREAT picture of you.

Yvette P.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya i am new here. I found this forum extremely helpful and its helped me out allot. i hope to be able to give something back & help others like it has helped me.

Sometimes i enjoy [url=http://watch-family-guy-free.warlordz.co.uk]watch family guy episodes online[/url] to helps burn a fair amount of time.

Thxs, See you about.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely free online christian dating http://loveepicentre.com/taketour/ raleigh phone chat dating
carbon dating biogenic sediments [url=http://loveepicentre.com/map/]pattaya dating[/url] unconscious psychology dating
have an affair dating site [url=http://loveepicentre.com/map/]online dating impersonation[/url] the dating game serial killer [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/chelseadecoy/]chelseadecoy[/url] assumptions used in carbon dating

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home